Article 1 (Personal information)
The term “personal information” refers to “personal information” as used in the Personal Data Protection Act and includes information about living individuals that can be used to identify specific individuals by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact details and other descriptions, as well as data relating to appearance, fingerprints, voiceprints and the insurer of health insurance cards. Information that can identify a specific individual from that information alone, such as a number, i.e. personal identification information.
Article 2 (Methods of collecting personal information).
The Company may request personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number and driving licence number when the user registers for use. In addition, transaction records and payment information, including the user’s personal information, between the user and our partners (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distributors, etc.) will be used by our partners to provide the user with information on the user’s transactions. Hereinafter referred to as “partners”). The information may be collected from our partners (including information providers, advertisers, advertisers, etc.) and other parties.
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes for which the Company collects and uses personal data are as follows
1. For the provision and operation of our services
2. To respond to user enquiries (including to verify the identity of the user)
3.To send you emails informing you of new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the services you are using and of other services provided by the Company.
4. To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
6.To allow users to view, change or delete their own registration information and to view their usage status.
7. To charge users for paid services.
8. Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use.
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
The Company shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is related to the purpose of use before the change. In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Company shall notify the User of the changed purpose or publicly announce it on this website in a manner prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
Except in the following cases, we will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the user. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
1. When it is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user.
2. When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned.
3. When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
4. When we have notified or announced the following matters in advance and notified the Personal Information Protection Committee
5. The purpose of use includes provision to a third party.
6. Data Items Provided to Third Parties
7. Means or method of provision to third parties
8. To stop the provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the individual.
9. How to accept the person’s request
10. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the recipient of such information shall not fall under the category of a third party in the following cases
11. When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
12. When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
13. In cases where personal information is used jointly with a specific person, the Company shall notify the person in advance of this fact, the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of the joint users, the purpose of use by the user, and the name of the person responsible for the management of said personal information, or (2) the person to whom the information pertains is made readily accessible to the person in question.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
When we receive a request for disclosure of personal information from the person concerned, we will disclose the information to the person concerned without delay. However, if the Company decides not to disclose the information, it will notify the customer to that effect without delay. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each case of disclosure of personal information.
1.If there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the customer or a third party
2. If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our business
3. In other cases that would violate laws and regulations.
4. Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in principle, the Company will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
In the event that the User’s personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the User may correct, add or delete (hereinafter referred to as “Correction, etc.”) his/her personal information to the Company in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company. If the User’s personal information is inaccurate, the User may request that the Company correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correct, etc.”) his/her personal information in accordance with procedures determined by the Company.
If MTI determines that it is necessary to respond to a User’s request as described in the preceding paragraph, MTI will correct, add, or delete the relevant personal information without delay.
In the event that the Company makes corrections, etc. based on the preceding paragraph, or decides not to make such corrections, etc., the Company will notify the User of such decision without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
We will cease to use or delete (hereinafter referred to as “cease to use, etc.”) personal information on the grounds that it has been handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use or that it has been obtained by wrongful means. If the Company is requested to cease use or erase the personal information (hereinafter referred to as “cease of use, etc.”) on the grounds that the personal information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that the information was obtained by wrongful means, the Company will conduct necessary investigation without delay.
If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, it is determined that it is necessary to comply with the request, the use of the relevant personal information will be suspended without delay.
When the Company suspends the use of personal information in accordance with the preceding paragraph or decides not to suspend the use of personal information, the Company will notify the user of this decision without delay.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in cases where it is difficult to take alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the user, such as when the suspension of use involves a large amount of cost or when it is otherwise difficult to take alternative measures, the above alternative measures shall be taken.
The content of this Policy may be changed without notice to the User, except as otherwise provided by law or otherwise in this Policy.
Please make inquiries via the Contact Us page of this website.
We comply with Japanese national law.